Don’t Believe the Hype About Flu Shots
or Swine Flu Vaccinations
Studies prove vaccines ineffective,
even dangerous to your health
By Tami Russell,
Vital Earth Staff Writer
Fall brings us nostalgic thoughts of golden leaves, pumpkins, little tykes dressed up like goblins, and the aroma of delicious soups simmering in the kitchen ... ok, maybe not soup ... try the aroma of take out pizza. But fall is also the time we get assaulted with all the latest “flu shot campaigns”. As if we’re not smart enough to manage our own health, we are terrorized with statistics about how many people are going to be hospitalized, get deathly sick or die from the flu. Continuing the fear campaign, scarcity and urgency are added to the equation. Scarcity and urgency are old marketing ploys to make things more desirable and to kick start you, the consumer, into action. We are told who needs flu shots, how much of a shortage there will be of the “proper” vaccine and where and when to receive inoculations. Now, you can even get them at your local grocery store!
The one thing that isn’t disclosed is the fact that the flu we are being vaccinated for may not be the one currently infecting the population.
This is how flu vaccine is manufactured. Each spring researchers try to determine which strain of flu virus may pop up during the coming winter. There are 100 identified strains to choose from. The three best guesses are selected in the spring and included in that fall's flu shot. It’s kind of like picking lottery numbers. Even if luck is on their side and they accidentally choose the correct strain, flu virus’ are constantly mutating. The only sure winner of this lottery is the pharmaceutical company. Laws protect them from liability even though adverse reactions occur in close to one half of all inoculated.
Fact: Less than one third of all health care workers get vaccinated.
Fact: Flu shots have had no influence on flu related deaths.
Fact: Less than one half the public is even interested in getting a flu shot.
The ingredients of a regular flu shot
- Egg proteins: including avian contaminant viruses
- Gelatin: can cause allergic reactions and anaphylaxis (breathing malfunctions that can result in death) are usually associated with sensitivity to egg or gelatin
- Polysorbate 80 (Tween80™): can cause severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. Also associated with infertility in female mice.
- Formaldehyde: known carcinogen (cancer causing)
- Triton X100: a strong detergent (used for laundry)
- Sucrose: table sugar
- Resin: known to cause allergic reactions
- Gentamycin: an artificial antibiotic
- Thimerosal: mercury is still in multi-dose flu shot vials
Thimerosal is a mercury derivative used as a preservative for vaccines. This form of mercury is converted in the brain into a form that is almost impossible to remove. Because it accumulates in the brain, if a person got flu shots for 10 years, they would have almost 100 micrograms of mercury in their brain. And we wonder why so many older people are getting Alzheimer’s and Dementia today? It is especially damaging to the brains of the very young and the elderly.
Do flu shots work? 
Not in babies: In a review of more than 51 studies involving more than 294,000 children it was
found there was “no evidence that injecting children 6-24 months of age with a flu shot was any more effective than placebo.
Reference: “Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy children.” The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2 (2008).
Not in children with asthma: “Flumist, a nasal spray influenza vaccine does not prevent influenza-related hospitalizations in children, especially the ones with asthma…In fact, children who get the flu vaccine are more at risk for hospitalization than children who do not get the vaccine.”
Reference: The American Thoracic Society’s 105th International Conference,
May 15-20, 2009, San Diego.
Not in adults: In a review of 48 reports including more than 66,000 adults, “Vaccination of healthy adults only reduced risk of influenza by 6% and reduced the number of missed work days by less than 0.16 of a day, or 1 hour and 17 minutes. It did not change the number of people needing to go to hospital or take time off work.”
Reference: "Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults." The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 1 (2006).
Not in the Elderly: In a review of 64 studies in 98 flu seasons, for elderly living in nursing homes, flu shots were non-significant for preventing the flu. For elderly living in the community, vaccines were not (significantly) effective against influenza pneumonia.
Reference: “Vaccines for preventing influenza in the elderly.” The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.3 (2006).
What about the new Swine Flu shot? 
Some of the new H1N1 (swine flu) vaccines are going to be made by Novartis Labs. These shots will probably be made with human retina fetal cells called PER.C6 cells, and contain MF-59, a potentially debilitating additive and is currently not approved by the FDA. MF-59 is an oil-based additive primarily composed of squalene. Squalene is an adjuvant that was found in the anthrax vaccine given to the Gulf War Veterans and has been linked to the devastating autoimmune diseases suffered by countless Gulf War Vets.
All lab rats injected with squalene (oil) additives developed a disease that left them crippled, dragging their paralyzed hindquarters across their cages. Injected squalene can cause severe arthritis (3 on scale of 4) and severe immune deficiencies, such as autoimmune arthritis and lupus.
Swine Flu Ingredients:
- aluminum hydroxide
- aluminum phosphate
- ammonium sulfate
- amphotericin B
- animal tissues: pig blood
- horse blood
- rabbit brain
- dog kidney
- monkey kidney
- chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
- calf (bovine) serum (bovine blood products can be contaminated with viruses)
- fetal bovine serum (bovine blood products can be contaminated with viruses)
- formaldehyde (There is no known threshold level below which cancer risk does not exist)
- human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
- hydrolized gelatin
- mercury (thimerosol, Merthiolate)
- monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- neomycin sulfate
- phenol red indicator
- phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
- potassium diphosphate
- potassium monophosphate
- polymyxin B
- polusorbate 20
- polysorbate 80 (causes impotence in men)
- porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
- residual MRC5 proteins
- VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey cells, and washed sheep blood (Potentially containing the SV40 Virus incriminated in several cancers including leukemia.)
Even with all of the negative evidence of ineffectiveness, Federal health officials recommend that most Americans get three flu shots this fall: one regular flu shot and two doses of the vaccine for the new swine flu strain. They have targeted school aged children first, who have never had a flu shot, with a recommendation of four shots in the fall - twice for whatever they guess will be the current seasonal flu, twice for the alleged “pandemic” (which didn’t materialized last time) swine flu. (July 15, 2009 CBS News)
Flu vaccinations are sold on the premise of prevention. Unfortunately, they don’t work as promised and can cause serious side effects. Preventing the flu is the right idea, but there are safer, more effective ways. Dr. David G. Williams* has made a few of the following recommendations:
- Increase glutathione levels with either glutathione supplements or amino acid. The amino acid methionine helps protect against glutathione depletion. Natural food sources that contain methionine are beans, eggs, fish, garlic, lentils, onions, liver, dairy, soybeans, seeds, lean red meats and yogurt. Taking an amino acid supplement containing L-Cyseine and L-Methionine can also boost the body’s own production of glutathione.
- Get additional vitamin D (through supplementation and extra exposure to sunlight)
- Take vitamin C, turmeric, garlic, and selenium.
A few more things you can do to fight the flu include:
- Frequently wash your hands using soap and water and keep your hands away from your face.
- Don’t use your hand to muffle a cough or sneeze. Use a tissue and discard in a sanitary fashion. If you don’t have a tissue, turn your head away from people and cough/sneeze downward into your armpit.
- Get plenty of fresh air especially when it’s cold. Central heating dries you out and makes you more susceptible to flu and cold viruses.
- Exercise speeds up the heart to pump larger quantities of blood; causing you to breathe faster to help transfer oxygen from your lungs to your blood and makes you sweat once your body heats up. This helps increase the body’s natural virus-killing cells
- Eat plenty of green, red, and yellow fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of fluids – 64 ounces of non-chlorinated water per day, organic juices (R.W. Knudsen has an excellent line of natural juices), try to avoid “ready to drink” juices as they can contain large amounts of sugar and other unhealthy additives (caffeinated beverages and alcohol dehydrate the body, so limit intake).
- Keep taking Fulvic Mineral Complex as it inhibits the absorption of viruses and promotes their elimination from the body.
If you believe that a flu shot is your best option, Dr. David G. Williams has the following recommendations to help reduce the ill effects. Each day, beginning 30 days prior to getting your flu shot, take 100mg of standardized ginseng extract (Ginsana), 1,200 mcg of vitamin B12, and 25,000 IU of vitamin A
And, keep in mind that boosting your immune system may be your best defense against the flu.
Articles of Interest:
The Perils of Gardasil: Exactly who is protecting our young women?” The_Perils_of_Gardasil
What Is In Your Child’s Immunizations? Formaldehyde, Mercury, Antifreeze? Get Informed!
 An excerpt from Dr. Tenpenny, http://www.drtenpenny.com
 Autoimmune Technologies, Gulf War Syndrome: ANTI-SQUALENE ANTIBODIES LINK GULF WAR SYNDROME TO ANTHRAX VACCINE http://www.autoimmune.com/GWSGen.html
* Dr. David Williams is known for his independent and down-to-earth personality. He also has a hard-earned reputation as one of the world's leading authorities on natural healing. Often years ahead of the conventional medical establishment, he has traveled worldwide to locate, evaluate, formulate, and write about proven treatments and cures for practically every major health concern today.